Friday, June 1, 2012

Something New and Different

I found this cute little guy clinging to a leaf.



One of the trails near my home isn't quite long enough for me to fulfill my hiking needs, so I hike it to the end, touch my foot to the end of the trail, then turn around and hike it in reverse.  Some people just hike the trail two or three times but always in the same direction.  By reversing the direction I feel like it's just a longer trail and I sometimes see things I missed going in the other direction, as I did this time.  I would have been very disappointed if I hadn't see this snake...or is it two?  I'm pretty sure it's a black rat snake or snakes.  It was perched in a tree on a downward slope.  I tried to get a picture at a different angle, but didn't want to take a chance of slipping down the hill.




1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

really pretty! snakes don't bother me as long as i see them first - of course it helps if they're non-poisonous, too. :)