Monday, June 18, 2012

Poking, Peeking & Clinging!

 On Saturday while hiking I passed a couple hiking in the opposite direction.  They asked if I had gotten any good pictures.  I told them I had, and they commented that rarely do they see anything during their hikes.  Of course, they seemed to be hiking at a fast pace, so I told them that I stop regularly and just look around at the surroundings.  Sometimes deer and other things are right there, but if you don't take the time to look you will never see them.  I may not be fast on the trails, but I definitely try to be observant...there's so much to see, if you just look!


Love how this little sprig is poking up from the moss covered log.



and this pretty little lady peeking out from under the leaf.


Clinging to the leaf...I almost missed him.


Fungi and moss

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you do spy a lot on your walks.

(and i hope you can perk up, soon!)

Marilyn said...

I am so glad you do a lot of poking and peeking and that you take your time. I love your pics. I am finally learning to slow down and enjoy what's around me. I love your blog and pictures.

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.