Friday, June 8, 2012

Thankful for the Quiet Before the Zombies Arrived

Most of my hike today was wonderful!  When I arrived at the trail, I was the only car in the parking lot!  The birds were very active and I could enjoy their wonderful songs without the sounds of people shouting, children screaming or dogs barking.  I finished about three fourths of the trail before the "others" arrived.  The "others" makes it sound like they were aliens or zombies...but they were just people yapping on cell phones, or moms out with their kids hoping the strenuous hike would tire the little ones out so they would take a long afternoon nap.  I was thankful for the quiet time I was able to enjoy before the "others" joined me.  ;-)  When I left there were six cars in the parking lot.







There were a lot of damselflies out today.  I took quite a few pictures of different ones...here's the first.  More to come in future posts.


1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

pretty brown wings on that damsel. you made me laugh with 'the others'. :)