Monday, August 29, 2016

Sometimes the Art is in the Architecture

There are so many paintings etc. that I really like at the Art Museum.  Every time I go I promise myself I won't take too many pictures of my favorites, but I tend to take a lot any way.  Here are a few of my favorites from our recent visit.

This is a "Cincinnati" painting, with the Tyler Davidson fountain in the left of the picture.  I like looking at all the facial expressions, the activity and clothing of the people.

When I look at this next painting, I think of the little girls who perhaps posed for this painting.  How their faces and expressions are still here for all to see.  I love to look into their eyes and wonder what they were thinking.

This is a painting of St Thomas of Villanueva Dividing His Clothes Among Beggar Boys.
For some reason, I seem to be drawn to the sad, or dark paintings.  I kind of get lost in them.

I thought these three pieces were beautiful and interesting.  I really like the way the one on the right seems to be floating.  How did they get that bowl in the center of the sphere?  The piece in the back is made up of beautiful colors and designs.  I also like the architecture of the Museum showing in the background.

Of course art museums are filled with beautiful paintings, historical artifacts, pottery and sculptures.  Sometimes, the art museum itself is a work of art, and I wonder how many people are so focused on the "art" on display that they totally  miss the architecture that surrounds it.  Here are a few of my shots.  I wanted to get more, but the museum got crowded and was difficult to get clear shots without people passing in front.

This is a shot of the main entrance with the Rio delle Torreselle Chandelier by Dale Chihuly
And, of course, I couldn't go without taking a picture of some stained glass. 


2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!

TexWisGirl said...

you're right. the details in the building are art themselves.