Friday, September 23, 2016

How Did I Get So Busy?

I've been a bit remiss lately as far as my blog goes, but I've been busier than usual.  Not including my Sunday trip to church each week, I now find myself at church 2 or 3 times a week!  How did that happen?  I don't claim to be overly religious, but I've found some very interesting and fulfilling things to get involved with at church.

Every Monday evening, I attended a group called Early Christian Writings, which is exactly what the title says.  We are a very laid back ground of about 20 or so who have been delving into the history of the early church.  Our moderator is very knowledgeable and a load of laughs to boot....which always makes it fun.  We also enjoy some coffee and sweet treats too.

Every other Tuesday evening, I attend a Bible Study group, which is lead by the same person.  Most of the people from the Monday group also attend Bible Study, plus about 10 more.  Again, we have coffee and treats.We are all learning so much!! 

On Wednesday evenings, I find myself at my son's church.  His wife is thinking of becoming Catholic and she asked me to be her sponsor.  I was thrilled!  This is a weekly endeavor that ends on Holy Saturday...in April.  RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) not only meets on Wednesdays, but in November we will also begin to attend church together on Sundays. 

Our son, who lives in Florida, was recently in town for a week, so I was busy trying to keep up with his schedule as he was always in and out of the house.

Sedona, the cat, is doing much better now.  She hasn't thrown up for quite some time.  She's getting easier to give her her daily pill, which is wonderful.  I usually just wait until she hops up on my lap, and then grab the pill which is on the nearby end table.  She doesn't fight me any more, so I just let her pick the time.

Our microwave died (which we bought in May).  Panic, panic, panic!  How do I operate without a microwave!!!????  We are being refunded our cost through the manufacturer....Oster, in case you're wondering.  We've already replaced it....Herb can always find a "deal" at Lowe's, where he works.

I have been on a few hikes and am sharing a few pictures from two weeks ago when I hiked at Fernald Nature Preserve.  No pets allowed, so I hiked solo.

All kinds of pretty little things!



And a few of the pond and boardwalk.  Love the cattails.



2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the cattails are pretty. glad your kitty is better. my mother found a lot of comfort in her faith and attending masses and services. i'm glad for you if you enjoy it, too.

Marilyn said...

WOW! And I thought I was busy. Glad to hear your cat is doing better. They sure can give us a scare sometimes. Your "classes" at church sound really interesting.