Monday, August 8, 2016

Latest Happenings

I've been busy with my usual stuff:  hiking, crocheting and the normal day to day stuff.  Nothing fantastic to blog about, but thought I'd share a few pictures and stories to go along with them.

Usually every Saturday morning I watch my 9 year old granddaughter, Emmi.  She's never any problem at all.  She brings stuff along to keep herself occupied.  She watches Saturday morning cartoons in her Mom's old bedroom and she eats all the waffles that we have in the house.  She's a joy to have around.  However, this past Saturday when she packed up to go home, she forgot her long time friend "Sheepy".  She's had him since she was born.  There he is peeking above her bottle.

Around 10:30 Saturday night, her Mom texted asking if I could send her a picture of Sheepy because Emmi missed him.  So I sent her a picture of Sheepy all tucked in and ready for bed. Sheepy was happily retrieved the next day.  "Faithful Companion" on the pillow fits Sheepy for sure!

I finished another Christmas gift, this time for my grandson.  He's 20 years old and would probably never ask for a pillow for Christmas.  However, he has a great sense of humor and is very proud of his Mexican heritage from his Grandpa's side of the family.  His facebook profile picture is of him wearing a sombrero.  He has his own apartment, and only being 20, he doesn't have a lot of "stuff". so I'm sure he can put the pillow to good use somewhere.

My son-in-law's daughter was married back in May and she recently posted some wedding pictures.  I consider Kayla to be my granddaughter too...so bear with me while I share a few pictures.  A few family members are missing from these pictures.


L to R: Drew, Josie (my granddaughters), Joe (son-in-law), Kayla, Calvin (Joe's son), Beth (my daughter).
Josie, Kayla, Drew (sisters!)

Paul (my son, who lives in Florida) and Drew.  Paul always has Drew laughing.  I wish this picture was in color.

Kayla and Jeff.  Again I wish it was in color.

I guess when you're my age, you remember all those old black and white photos from years ago and even though they're great and nostalgic, the color photos have so much more "pop" to them!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

I prefer the color pictures too, Ginny.

Unknown said...

I prefer the color pictures too, Ginny.

Marilyn said...

Loved the pictures. I also prefer color, but black and white seems to be popular now.

TexWisGirl said...

sweet family/wedding photos. love sheepie. :)