Tuesday, May 24, 2016

One More Step Closer

Well, I survived my pre-op tests and blood draws yesterday.  Blood pressure was good.  I always worry about that because I have a tendency to get anxious when I go to the doctor and I'm sure that affects the blood pressure.

The EKG was good as well.  All the blood testing came back in normal ranges, so I'm good to go!

Next week, on the 31st, we will go to our JET class and have a few more labs.  In the meantime, I keep reading the knee replacement group posts on facebook and get lots of tips on how to survive the hospital stay and recovery at home. 

Someone recently asked what to bring with them to the hospital.  One person wore men's exercise shorts for therapy and for sleep.  She said because they were silky, it made it easier to move around in bed and were very comfortable.  So, I headed to Kohl's today and bought two pair.  They are really much more comfortable than women's shorts.  They don't look bad either.  One is blue stripe, the other neon green (it doesn't show up in the picture).

We still need to get a walker, cane and other mobility stuff, but Herb wants to wait until we go to the JET class to get a better idea of what I'll need.  I'm sure that will be enough time to run around and get everything.

Herb has already scheduled about 6 or 7 days off to be home with me.  We have adult children nearby who I HOPE I can count on if I need them to fill in somewhere. Herb's work schedule varies anywhere from 5:30 am to 11:00 pm.  So, I think we are good with our plans.

I'm anxious to get this done and face the pain of healing.  It may be more intense but it will be a healing pain and will lessen over time instead of getting worse.

My goal is to be able to walk around the Columbus Ohio Horse Show next April.  We didn't go this year because I knew it was just too much walking and too much pain.  It's the first time I've missed the show in quite a number of years.

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad you are cleared! yay!

TexWisGirl said...

thank you for your kindness, ginny.