Thursday, May 19, 2016

Waiting for Time to Pass

As we grow older we begin to notice how fast time passes, unless of course you're waiting for your surgery date to get here!!

It's too early to give the house a good cleaning because it will just be a mess again in a short time.  I want to give my dog, Finn one more haircut before surgery, but I think it's too early for that too.

I did get my haircut yesterday and I had them cut it a little shorter than usual.  It looks really good, and I won't mind if it gets a little unruly before I can get out again to get it cut after surgery.  BUT, I can't stand it when Finn has hair in his eyes, so I'll probably give him a haircut next week.

In the meantime, I wait for time to pass.  Since my knee hurts now, I'm not up for anything too strenuous.  I have no need to go shopping, so here I sit.  I'm still alternating riding my stationery bike and rowing machine every day.  This is the view I have when I exercise.  Some of my bird feeders are in the center of the picture.  The others are off to the right.  Sorry for the glare in the picture, it's the late afternoon sun.

You can see how our yard slants, that's why I no longer cut the grass.  It really does a number on my knees.  We have a pretty big yard, and finally Herb bought a riding mower this week!!!  Yay!  He deserves one.  It's to be delivered next week.

I'm trying to get some things ready for after surgery...like making sure I have enough pillows so that my leg can be elevated.  Luckily, I remember all the stuff we buy even though we don't really need it at the time.  I located 3 brand new pillows stuffed in a bedroom closet...I have no idea how long they've been there but they're  still wrapped in plastic and ready for my leg.  Herb likes to buy in bulk...anything and everything....especially when it's on sale, whether we need it or not.  He's one of a kind!

I located some shoes that I think will be easy to get off and on after surgery for my travel home, so that's decided on.  I usually wear gym shoes as often as I can because they give me the best support for my flat feet, but I know those will be difficult to get on and off after surgery for awhile any way.

Monday is my pre-op testing at my PCP.  I don't like going to the doctor, but it'll be one step closer to surgery.  

With a dog and a cat or two in bed with us every night, it's getting harder and harder to get a decent night's sleep.  I keep tossing and turning because my knee hurts too.  It's going to be interesting to see how I do after surgery.  From what I've heard, it's not going to be easy....and then add animals to the mix...we'll just have to wait and see.  But, I guess I can handle more waiting.

Speaking of animals, here's my editor, Misty blocking the screen as I work on my blog.  I guess she wanted to make sure she would appear in today's entry one way or another.



2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am sure the waiting is tough. good luck with the pre-op. hope all goes well and you're good to go!

Marilyn said...

Good luck with the pre-op and surgery. Do you have anyone staying with you (other than Herb) after surgery? Misty looks about as helpful as Penny. Penny loves the printer.