Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Little Birds Friends

ALONG WITH THIS POST, I'D LIKE TO MENTION THAT I HAVE UPDATED MY "FUR KIDS PRESENT, PAST AND FUTURE" PAGE ON THIS BLOG AS WELL.  IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE THE UPDATED PAGE, JUST CLICK ON THE TAB AT THE TOP.


I've never seen an Eastern Towhee before in my life.  This year, I've seen two already.  One in Miami Whitewater and this one in Winton Woods.  I stopped to look around on the trail and heard a bird song I had never heard before.  I spotted this little guy way up in a tree and took his picture.  It wasn't until I got home and loaded the picture on the computer, that I realized it was an Eastern Towhee.  I like the way he looks among the leaves about to burst forth in growth.



Here is another picture of the same bird.  I like the way his headed is tilted upward as he sings his song.

Here is a White breasted Nuthatch at the base of the stump.


This little guy may be hard to see, but it is a tufted titmouse right smack in the middle of the picture.  I took this picture while we are on the trail where the Great Blue Herons were nesting.  I quickly took his picture before he had time to fly away.  When I loaded the picture on the computer, I even had a hard time seeing him and I knew he was there...somewhere!


No comments: