Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Gettin' the Stink Blown Off Me"

It's been about two weeks since I've taken a hike.  Between the bad storms, keeping an eye on my ailing pooch and trying to figure out what to do next, I've gotten away from hiking and my blog.  I finally decided to do what my mother used to say to me when I was young, "Get outside and get the stink blown off!"

So off I went to one of the nearby trails.  It was even closed for a day or two because of the bad rains we had.  I could tell by the way the creek looked that there must have been a landslide or two, as the creek bed was now full of rocks that weren't there before.

I've posted a few pictures of some of the flowers/weeds along the trail.  Yes, some are weeds...but they're pretty just the same.

By the way, my little pooch "seems" a little better, I think.  We're still trying to get her medication right so she'll stop drinking so much and of course urinating buckets all the time.  I think both has subsided "just a bit".  I don't know that for a fact, or if it's just my wishful thinking.  We'll keep watch and try to be patient.









1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

really like that saying of your mother's. :) glad you got out again!