Thursday, January 4, 2018

Shooting and Birding - Not at the Same Time!

My son, Paul and my husband love to go shooting.  However, Paul lives in Florida and only comes home two or three times a year...usually only two.  Herb works goofy full time hours at Lowe's, so its always hard to find the time to go shooting, especially during the Christmas holidays.  I've only been shooting once...well now, twice.  

I honestly don't know if I could shoot anyone, but under attack, I'm sure I would do my best and I'm pretty good for only practicing two times.  Shooting animals?  NEVER!  Paul would love to go hunting up here.  He needs to move back here to do that.  Down in Florida he's hunted for hogs.  Not much fun and no success as of yet.

It's fun listening to Herb and Paul discussing which stance, one hand or two hands is best.  I use two arthritic hands.  It doesn't take many rounds for my arthritis to kick in and hands are hurting! I must admit, I enjoy shooting a little bit more every time I go.  It is such an adrenaline rush and so liberating.  Paul is always asking if we've gone shooting lately.  I decided I want to go again sooner than the next time he comes back home....hopefully within the next 6 weeks.  I need more practice!  This is Paul and Herb showing off their skills.



Feeling the rush and the liberation!



Me and my bullet riddled target behind me.
I've been counting my birds as usual.  This past weekend was very frigid and snowy so I had lots of birds visit my feeders.  This scamp of a hawk came by both days.  Unfortunately, the pictures are a bit fuzzy.  The hawk was high up in the tree and I had to practically stand on my head to get a decent shot...and the batteries in my camera were low.  Thankfully, my old photo program has a straightening tool for pictures, or you'd be looking at him sideways!  I don't think he caught any of "my" little feathered friends.



No comments: