Friday, January 19, 2018

Repairs to the Trail

OK, this post was drafted quite a while ago, and I never got around to posting it.  Sorry, things got busy.


Several weeks after we had had some heavy rains, the park district finally made some much needed repairs to the trail.  This is the entrance to the trail.  To my right was the beginning of the trail.  To my left was this pile of gravel and rocks.  I was wondering if I would be able to make my way around this pile at the end of my hike.  I decided I'd give it a try so off I went on my hike.


I did see a few deer that day.  There are several in this picture.



 I think he was wondering if I was following him.

I just love when they are hiding behind the brush, and I find them!  A treasure hunt!

Finally, I made it all the way around and I was behind the pile of gravel and rocks.  The men were working by then and moving the gravel to different parts of the trail with a bobcat.  You can see them in the background.  I made it around the gravel walking on the side.  The men were finished the next day and the trail was good as new.



No comments: