Wednesday, October 4, 2017

It's All About Dogs

People love to hike with their dogs, but some people take advantage of the trails in ways they shouldn't.  Our county parks allow dogs to be in the park but they must be leashed at all times.  Some people think that rule is only for others, and not themselves.

A facebook friend of mine recently encountered some unleashed dogs while she was walking, she reported them to the rangers.  I don't know if they were ticketed or not, but I ran into that same dog walker this morning while on my hike.

I could hear her calling her dogs, and by the time she approached me, they were leashed.  After posting this on facebook with the description of the person and her dogs, I found out that these dogs possibly killed some chickens at the park's little farm they have for visitors.  Apparently, this person has become a real problem for the park.  It's sad and unfortunate people don't realize how nice they have it. I go to other parks, that don't allow dogs at all.  They don't allow for the safety of the wildlife there....and I'm sure the stupidity of some owners.. END OF RANT.

Since this post is about dogs, I thought I'd post some pictures of two 4 month old puppies who belong to my granddaughter and my daughter's friend.  They stopped by to visit with Finn one day.

This is Aki.  She is an akita.  I love the way she has her paw in the bowl.  I also love the wrinkles on head between her ears.



This is Bernie.  He is a Victorian Bulldog.  OK.  I never heard of this breed either.  I was told this breed was developed with an English Bulldog and an American Bulldog.  Bernie has longer legs than an English Bulldog.  I have to admit, this little guy was so cute.  My other granddaughter calls him Meatball. 
Neither dog was aggressive with Finn.  They were all interested in each other and ran around like they weren't sure what to do with each other.  Finn was a little apprehensive with Bernie, but Bernie was more "Hi! I'm Bernie!" in your face.  They all wore each other out.  A fun day all around!


No comments: