Wednesday, October 11, 2017

All Varieties of Nature

Today's post has a variety of things I've spotted over the last week on my hikes and in our yard.  It's been a fun week.

The weather has gotten a little cooler so I've really enjoyed the hikes.  Since I've written about the problematic dogs I've encountered during my hikes, I've met them 3 more times.  They really aren't bad dogs, just the owner doesn't control them.  Once the ranger drove by and mentioned to me and another lady to keep our dogs leashed because they've been receiving complaints.   So I know they're on the watch.  Funny thing, the lady showed up again just a few minutes after he left.  Darn!

I love these next two shots.  From the side, it looks like a little alabaster bird bath.  So pretty in form.


I didn't bother to look up what kind of flowers these are and unfortunately their pretty blue color doesn't show up in this photo.  They were nice to see along the trail.

My daughter came over on Saturday to collect some wood for their upcoming family Halloween Campout.  When she picked up the logs, she found this little critter.  He is a harmless Eastern Garter Snake.  Finn didn't pay any attention to him, so I think he's safe in our yard.  I wouldn't want a snake in my house, but I'm not freaked out about them as long as I know they're harmless.  I love his pretty colors and his eyes.



As Emily was loading up her car with the logs, she passed by one of our cars that we don't use very often and she found this pretty (?) little guy.This is a black and yellow garden spider, they are harmless and eat lots of pests like flies and mosquitoes etc.This one is a male..they weave the zig zag webs.


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

You get some of the neatest pictures. I love them. However, I do not like snakes. We have a lot of rattlesnakes here. Several have been found in Kevin's backyard. As for spiders, I think they are amazing how they spin their webs - but, I don't like them. Anyway, great pictures. I loved the first two especially.