Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Kitty Cat Reunion!

Two years ago I had to give up volunteering at Save the Animals Foundation because I went back to working full time.  Then when I retired I had total knee replacement surgery and can no longer get down on the floor and kneel.  When I volunteered at the shelter, my duties included getting down on the floor and scrubbing the floors around litter boxes etc.  I am still trying to figure out a way to volunteer again, but not sure where I can be of help.  They hold weekly Bingos, but I am not a people person, so prefer not to work Bingo.

Every year the shelter holds two open houses and I finally was able to go back this past weekend and see all the kitties and dogs there.

Though I was really happy to see some old familiar fuzzy faces, it was still sad that they still hadn't found furever homes.  They are very well taken care of there, so I feel good about that...just sad that they need their own special someone.

Jujubee has always been my favorite.  She walked right up to me as soon as I entered her room!


This is the entrance to the room where younger cats were housed.  I was hoping to see some little guys in here, but they were bigger than I expected...and oh so sweet!
Next, are two sisters who are old friends of mine too.  First, Sophie Blue she kept sitting up on her back legs like a dog does when begging...unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of her doing it.


Next, Savannah Jane is Sophie Blue's long haired sister.  I am surprised these two haven't been adopted yet.  Love them both.

I love this next sign...would love to have one for my house when I need to get away from it all!!

Another old friend, Fisher.  Love his eyes.
Unfortunately, I can't recall this little guy's name, but thought he looked so pretty sitting here.
And lastly, Mini Cooper.  I bought a grab bag of goodies with Mini Cooper's picture on it Sunday.  I like the Mini Cooper car and that's why I chose that particular bag.  So, of course, before I left, I had to go and visit Mini Cooper.  Just by coincidence he was in one of the rooms I used to clean.  The cats in that particular room are FELV+.

I sure do miss my kitties and hope to go back soon and visit again.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

It is so sad that no one has adopted those kitties. They are adorable. I don't know how you can go visit them and not take any home with you. At least they are in a place where they seem to be loved and well taken care of.