Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Carolina Wrens and Friends

I love the little Carolina Wren when it comes to visit my feeders.  In past years, he was a rare visitor...at least I didn't see him very often.  This year, I've been able to spot two at the same time!  I see them both nearly every week.

I think they are the cutest little bird.  I love it's colors, it's jaunty little tail and their pudginess.  I tried to take some decent pictures of the two of them, but birds don't sit very still.  Besides the fact, I get excited, my camera tends to focus slow at times and I end up with blurred pictures at best.  Here are a few:

One little Carolina Wren showing me his backside!  A House Finch, and the other Carolina Wren behind him,


 Both of the Carolina Wrens, but blurry.
A female Northern Cardinal and a super pudgy little Carolina Wren.


I usually don't see too many American Robins in the winter.  This one was all by himself enjoying some water from our new bird bath.




And finally, a meeting of minds, I guess.  I thought they all looked cute sitting here.  Many people don't like Mourning Doves, but I think they're sweet.



No comments: