Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Day in the Life

I've been trying to get into the Christmas spirit the last week or so.  I was all raring to go back in November, but circumstances and people just seem to keep getting in the way and muddying up the outlook.

After a good walk in Winton Woods with Finn in the crisp December air, my spirits were lifted.  Yeah, I look a little goofy in my owl hat, but I love it and it's just enough to keep my ears and head warm.  I'm not quite sure what makes me smile so much...the walk itself, or the fact that I'm finished with the walk.  I always feel so good afterwards, so I guess I'll keep it up!


This is a picture I inadvertently took with my phone, so I thought I'd include it.  We were sitting in the park's parking lot.





Here's Finn looking all cute in his crocheted sweater of cammo and green.  It was made with leftover yarn.  I wanted it all to be cammo, but ran out.  I think in the beginning he wasn't quite sure about the sweater...maybe he was embarrassed.  Haha!  But he soon was strutting his stuff!

I was going to start some Christmas cleaning after supper tonight, but my daughter called and asked if I could pick up Emmi from day care.  I guess I could have cleaned when I got home, but decided to blog instead.  Priorities!





It was a little cold in Emily's house when we got there.  Here is her cat, Ashes, huddling under the tree to get warm.  The heat finally kicked on and everything was nice a toasty.


Here are recent pictures of Emily's tree:
And our little table top tree. Underneath the tree is Santa in a boat and two bears.  Love my little woodland scene.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Love your owl hat and Finn's sweater. Some day I will be able to crochet something other than a square. I hope to learn more in 2017. The picture of your daughter's cat under the tree brought back many memories. Our cat, Rodney, loved to lay under the tree with all the presents. One year she climbed up the tree and pulled it over trying to get out. Only did that once. Stayed under the tree after that. Penny doesn't have much to do with my tree, but she sure likes Jana's. Merry Christmas to you and your family (that includes all your pets)!