Saturday, March 19, 2016

I'm baaaack!


It's been a very long time since I've written anything for my blog.  I figured no one was reading it any way, and I was very busy working and just trying to keep things caught up at home.

I retired in November 2015 due to the type of work I was doing.  I was working full time on a seasonal basis.  I worked there for about 9 months until the work slowed down.  They laid me off then but after about 7 weeks they called me back, but by that time I was enjoying my freedom and decided not to go back.

I was thankful that I had the opportunity to work there, but the work was fast paced and sometimes quite physical.  I appreciated the fact that they tried to keep me off of the physically demanding work as much as possible...since I have bad knees.  However, sometimes that wasn't possible, and I understood that.  Again, they were very kind to me, but I didn't feel I should continue.

I would have liked to have found a part time office position, but at my age, I knew the possibilities of being hired would be low, even though my skills and experience are excellent. 

I interviewed for 2 positions that I really wanted and thought I did very well during the interview process, but did not get the jobs...I believe they wanted someone younger.  One was as a receptionist at a local neuter/spay clinic.  The other was a receptionist at an animal care center.  Oh well...their loss.  I can be upbeat and as much fun as those young whipper snappers!!  (I think that's the way old folks are supposed to talk) Haha!

I will update the rest of my page soon.

Until I log in again...be happy and stay well!!!




1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I keep checking :)