Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Sunday/Monday

I've never really been big on Easter. Not so much the Holy Season of Easter, but of the secular holiday of Easter.

Even as a child, I wasn't one who liked to dress in frilly dresses or back in those days, Easter bonnets. My parents always got me a new Easter outfit complete with an Easter bonnet. I was never comfortable in dressy clothes and couldn't wait to get out of them.

I liked candy (still do, especially chocolate) but would just be happy with the candy, forget about the basket and the phony grass. I don't like pastel colors, springtime colors are too subdued. Give me bright and bold!! Any way, Easter has always brought me down a little, maybe it's just due to the emphasis on the secular celebration of Easter. Or maybe I'm just a little weird.

This Easter Sunday though was very nice. Herb and I went to 8:30 Mass at Corpus Christi Church. Although, it was a bit crowded as usual on Easter and Christmas, I wasn't bothered too much by the crowd. I like a bit of elbow room between people, and on Easter and Christmas that is hard to come by.

Herb and I had a nice surprise as daughter, Emily and granddaughter, Emmi showed up for Easter Mass too! After Mass, Herb had to go to work (Boo!), so Emily, Emmi and I headed to Frisch's for Easter breakfast. We had a really nice time, and was surprised that we didn't have to wait to be seated. Emmi wore a pair of bunny ears (she didn't wear them in church.) I thought she was supposed to be the Easter Bunny, but she said she was Louise Belcher!

You be the judge:  Easter Bunny or Louise Belcher?



In the afternoon, I took my dog, Finn for a walk at Winton Woods Park.  Neither of us have gotten a lot of walking in over the winter.  He tore his ACL in November and had surgery, and I felt guilty going for walks without him, so I didn't walk either!  We took our time, and it was a nice sunny warm day.  It felt good to get out after having a couple of back to back colds.  We even saw the rookery where the Great Blue Herons are nesting!

Today, (Easter Monday) Herb and I made a trip to Half Price Books to clear off our book shelves of books we were finished with.  We kept our books separate because I was hoping to make a point with Herb.  He never wants to part with anything and I knew his old outdated computer books probably wouldn't get him much.  He had 4 large bags full of books and they paid him 50 cents for all!!  I felt really bad for him, I thought he might get a little more than that.

I carried in a small easy to carry box of novels, and got $13.00!  Not a king's ransom, but good enough for me.  I was hoping Herb would realize a lot of the stuff he's hanging on to isn't worth much and maybe he will just trash the rest.  Or, perhaps, it will all backfire on me, and he still won't part with the rest because no one appreciates them like he does.  I'll let you know what happens!

I also have a second tab at the top of this page entitled "Fur Kids", I've recently updated that page as well if you'd like to read about my furry kids.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Good Morning Ginger. Glad to hear you were able to get a walk in the woods with Finn. What I really want to know is did you buy any books at Half Price Books when you traded in your box? Jana and I always spend more than we get when we go there. I don't imagine Herb found any for his 50 cents. At least all was not lost; he did get something :)