Thursday, June 28, 2018

Update on the "Bridge" and Testing 1, 2, 3

I've been kind of busy lately with church activities, a visit with our son from Florida, and trying to catch up on housework.

I'm usually busy with church activities 2 times a week (not including Sunday Mass), but recently I signed up for something extending that to 3 times a week.  I think that's beginning to be too much for me...I'm missing some of the other things I like to do at home.  So, as soon as the third activity takes a break, I think I'll eliminate it from my schedule.  There are just so many days and evenings in the week.

Our son came up from Florida because he needed to renew his driver's license, so he was only here 3 days.  He always wants us all to go shooting, but because of Herb's work schedule and our daughter's work schedule we never seem to be able to coordinate.  It just so happen that Herb was off on Saturday and our daughter didn't have to work because they were doing electrical maintenance where she worked.  Here we are at the range.  It was nice to get a picture of the twins together again.  We, of course, have a lot of them together when they were growing up.  It's nice to have just them in a photo together.


I've also taken a break from hiking for awhile.  I had a mole removed from my back, so I think it's best to let it heal without irritating it with sweat and additional exercise.  I also seem to have an allergy to the adhesive on the bandage.  That's more annoying than the mole removal.  It itches.  I go back in two weeks and hope all is well by then.  However, I did take a hike yesterday because I was missing it so much...but that irritated the allergy.  Oh well, I'll just be patient until I don't have to wear the bandage any more.

The bridge has still not been replaced, and this is what is now in it's place.  It's hard to tell in these pictures, but the hillsides on this ditch are quite steep, muddy, and looked too slippery for me to attempt.  I don't want to hurt either one of my knees...the good one or the bad one.
The rocks are at the top of the hill and then it slopes down to the left.

This picture is kind of hard to see, but there are rocks at the bottom and up to the other side.  I'm not sure if they are helpful or not.  I wouldn't want to slip and fall on them...I think I'd rather land in the mud.

On the drive back from the hike, I saw these two turkeys along the side of the road.  Not a great picture, as I was in my car and not very close. Sorry for the dirty glare on my windshield.

And now, for the Testing 1, 2, 3.  I've tried to add a new thumbnail picture for my blog when I post on Facebook.  I know nothing about HTML coding, so hopefully, I did it correctly.  If not, I guess it will be back to the drawing board!

No comments: