Friday, June 15, 2018

Fungi Time!

Still trudging around the trails.  It seems on days that I'm not really motivated to hike, those are the days I see rare sightings.  Unfortunately, I'm never prepared or quick enough to get a picture.  Just recently, a red fox darted across the trail about 6 feet in front of me!  Of course, as the old saying goes, "The quick brown (red) fox jumped over the old lazy dog (lady) who wasn't prepared to get it's picture."  Oh well, I did get to see it, and I was excited!

Now that school is out and the weather is definitely warming up, the trail is getting busier.  More moms and kids, couples, joggers, and even a guy who brings his clients to the trail to do some personal training...and I mean personal training, nothing more, nothing less.  Haha!  So sometimes my peace and quiet is not so peaceful and quiet.  I must strive to get out there before the rest of civilization wakes up.

One day, I did see the following fungi growing on the trail.  They aren't real exciting but I do think each one is pretty in it's own way.

On this picture, I not only like the fungi, but the different colors and textures also in the picture.




This is a different kind of fungi.


This next one is my favorite.  I didn't realize when I took this picture, that I had the fungi encircled in a kind of leafy frame.  Kind of looks a bit like a white flower.


No comments: