Thursday, November 9, 2017

Walking Through the Mist

Hiking the first thing in the morning accomplishes so much for me.  It gets me moving early, even if I don't want to move.  It works out all the kinks and stiffness pretty quickly.  I may be moving slow when I first start out, but as the hike progresses every part of me moves easier and quicker.

This picture is just as Finn and I came out of the parking lot to head down the path towards the trail.  What a beautiful early morning welcome for us.  I love the sun shining through the mist!


On the way home I spotted something at the bottom of a hill as we drove through the park.  I pulled over and made my way down this steep hill.  The park district left it unmowed and left natural.  As I started to make my way down I realized it was a pretty risky move on my part.  I certainly didn't want to fall on my new knee.  The ground was soft and lumpy and the grasses were high where you couldn't see what you were walking through.  I felt like the littlest daughter on Little House on the Prairie who was running down the hill and eventually tumbled down the hill.  Luckily, I didn't fall.  These pictures of the fungi are actually too bright.  But what a lovely find spilling out of the tree.


I was going to take a picture of the grassy area I had just plodded through because it had some pretty wildflowers mixed in, but I found a safer way to climb back up.  It was still steep but the grass wasn't as high.

The next two pictures are of an afghan project I just completed.  I saw the Whistling Duck on someone else's blog and I thought it's colors were so pretty.  His feet are orange.  So, I chose his colors to make an afghan: gray, tan, black, pink and orange.


I think my next project will be to make an afghan out of all of the left over yarn I have.  It will take me some time to plot out all of the color placement.  It will make me happy to use up some of the yarn in my leftover stash.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I finally got caught up reading your blog. Very pretty quilts. That is something I don't think I will ever try. Your afghan is great. I love the colors. Someday I hope I can do something other than just straight stitches. Have fun counting your birds!