Friday, February 10, 2017

Meet Some of My Friends

I love taking pictures of the birds I see, but some are more challenging to get a good picture.  They are usually small, and quick moving birds.  They never sit still, and dart away quickly.

My favorite little bird is the Carolina Wren, and I always try to get it's picture and share every time.



When I started counting birds 6 years ago, I rarely saw a Hairy Woodpecker.  A Hairy looks just like a Downy Woodpecker, only larger.  After 6 years of counting, I finally see a Hairy or two almost every week.  Here is a male Hairy.

Always have to take a picture of the brilliant male Northern Cardinal.


When it's cold and/or snowy, I usually have a Northern Yellow Shafted Flicker stop by, this is a female.


This is one of the hardest birds for me to get a picture of...the Tufted Titmouse.  I wish this would be a profile picture, because it would be easier to see him at his best.  I'll keep trying to get a better picture.  I do like his eyes!

 I have quite a few Red Bellied Woodpeckers coming around too.  This is a female.


The last few pictures are of a White Breasted Nuthatch.  He too, is constantly on the move.  I have a ton of blurry pictures of this guy...here are a few of my best.




No comments: