Monday, October 17, 2016

Second Looks From the Forest

All was good with my visit to the doctor.  Blood pressure was good and all of the results of the blood tests were good too.  The only bad thing was my doctor informed me that he is retiring from private practice next month.  He will continue to practice but will be part of a large company in Indiana.  I am sure it is difficult to be in private practice these days with all of the government stuff involved.  I will miss my doctor, he genuinely cared about his patients.  He even asked for a hug.  I am bummed, but made my next sixth month checkup appointment with the nurse practitioner who I've seen in the past when my doctor was not available.

I think the hiking has really helped me get the blood pressure back to where it belongs.  While I was waiting for my knee replacement surgery and afterwards while I was recuperating, my blood pressure was a bit on the high side...probably from no exercise.

So, Finn and I are determined to keep that blood pressure in check.  Here are a few shots from a recent hike.

Do you see what I see?

Can't quite see it?  Here is a closer view.
I love seeing the Great Blue Heron.  They always look so out of place here in Ohio.  I think of these types of birds only in costal areas.


I took this next picture because of the fungi growing on the tree.  After a second look, I liked the way you can see by the leaves the going of summer and the coming of fall.  Green leaves mixed with the brown fallen leaves.

Here is a closer look of the fungi.  What a magnificent specimen!


1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

such neat fungi. congrats on a good health report! sorry you're losing your doc, though.