Thursday, July 21, 2016

Hiking Buddies Once Again!

I decided to take Finn along with me today on my hike.  He had ACL surgery back in November 2015.  Since my knee was bothering me so much after he healed I didn't go hiking any more until after my surgery.  I knew he would be all excited about going hiking again after such a long time, I was a bit afraid he would pull me down the hills.  I don't mind when he pulls me up hills, that actually helps.  I was very surprised he took it easy going down hills today.  I've also forgotten how often he likes to stop and sniff everything too!


It was a very hot and humid day today, but we started our hike at 8:30 am.  It wasn't too bad, and best of all we had the whole trail to ourselves...that's always nice.

My first attempt at the upper portion of the trail.  The steps going up, followed by a long uphill trek.




We didn't see much wildlife, but did hear lots of birds. 

Just a few pictures of simple flowers and a web.  Nothing spectacular, I guess we've missed a lot of the early summer blooms. 


 
 

Before I know it, it will be fall and all the leaves will be turning.  I'm not too bummed about it though, I really didn't expect to be back on the trails at all this summer.  This surgery has surprised me in many ways.  My recovery has been much quicker than I expected.  The only pain I felt today, was in what I used to call my "good" knee. It's not near as bad as the other knee was, so I'm hoping I can put off surgery on my "good" knee for as long as possible, possibly forever. 

Tomorrow will be my last session of outpatient therapy!  Yay!  It will be good to have my days back where I can plan or not plan what I want to do.  The therapists, Katie and Linas were wonderful to work with though, and I appreciate all they've done for me and to me!!


1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

glad both of you are recovering and getting out to hike once again. :)