Monday, July 11, 2016

Back Out on the Trail Again

Decided to go out and get some fresh air yesterday, so I headed to one of our county parks.  Farbach Warner is a small park with a short (.6 mile) trail that is mostly paved but has a short portion that goes into the woods.  You can bypass the wooded portion, but I decided to see if I could manage on my new knee.  Here is the downhill I had to navigate.  I didn't have any problems at all.


A little bridge and then up the hill.


Back up and along the paved trail I saw a few interesting trees.  This first one is one that toppled over,and I thought it was pretty interesting looking.


I love the twists and turns of this tree from it's roots up to it's branches.


And, of course, I'm always on the lookout for critters.  I took a picture of a bluebird, which I don't get to see very often, but it was taken at a distance and not very clear.  I wanted to share it, but the quality was not good.

I love these squirrel pictures.  I love the expression on the squirrel's face as he peeked out at me.


If I had hiked this trail last year, I wouldn't have even walked out of my way to take pictures of these flowers.  My knee would have been hurting so bad, all I would have wanted to do was get to my car and sit down.  This year, I stopped to smell the flowers and take pictures of them too!  I felt I could have walked all day...but didn't...too early in the healing process yet.


I went to the surgeon today and had another checkup.  All is good and I go back again in 6 weeks.  Also, had physical therapy....7 sessions down, 5 to go!

Look at my knee now!!  I can even cross my legs again!




2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That was so awesome. Loved the pictures. You are doing so great. Keep up the good work!

TexWisGirl said...

so, so glad for you! looking great! and that squirrel face made me grin. thanks!