Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Post Op - End of Week 2

Saw my surgeon yesterday morning, 13 days post op total left knee replacement. He felt I was 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule and was very happy with my progress. My range of motion was 115/-5. Very glad all this hard work is paying off.

My physical therapist came in the afternoon to give me additional exercises and to start me using the cane.  I'm lucky I can manage moving two legs at the proper time, now I have to think about when to move the cane with which leg! Haha!  Don't be surprised if you hear me counting 1-2, 1-2 as I walk. I'm such a dork!

Next Monday I start outpatient therapy.

The pain has lessened quite a bit and I'm spreading my medication out to every 8 hours.  Soon, I may try alternating with Aleve. 

 My biggest issue? Still finding a comfortable way to sleep. Still in the recliner as we have cats and a dog who likes to sleep in with us and of course, they like to snuggle up against me! Can't kick them out, so will deal with the recliner a bit longer I guess.

Also, get tired of just sitting whether in the recliner or in an upright chair.  My back and butt gets tired and I get a bit antsy just sitting around.  Last night, I decided to stretch out in bed, lay on my side, and see if I could stretch some of the kinks out.

Here is a picture of why I can't spend the night in bed.  Misty on my exercise pillow, Macey and Finn taking up even more space.  Herb's supposed to fit in there someplace too.


I did manage to get a good night's sleep in last night though.  Only woke up once to go to the bathroom.  I have also found a mug of chamomile tea helps me sleep better.  I have to admit though, I miss my glass of chardonnay.  Looking forward to chardonnay being in my future.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear you are doing so well. You will be running marathons before you know it :) It's amazing how our little furry friends know when we need that extra love and attention. Hope you keep making such good progress.

TexWisGirl said...

you're just like me - pets come first. :)

so good to hear you're ahead of schedule!