Thursday, December 6, 2018

All About My Pooch and My Projects

It's been a while since I've created a post.  I've been lazy, not in the mood, and tied up with other things.

One of the things I've been tied up with is my little dog, Finn.  He's been under the weather since October.  He didn’t really act or feel sick, but his stools just weren’t right.  Our vet did 2 worm tests on him at different times that came back negative each time.  But, the vet said the tests are only accurate 65% of the time.  He treated him with antibiotics and wormers and every time it cleared up but then returned. 

Then he ended up with an abscess.  The vet wasn’t sure if it was a tumor or an abscess, so again 2 weeks of antibiotics and he tested the growth…it came back negative for cancer.  After 2 weeks he checked internally, and the growth was gone.  The vet said we may just have to deal with stools that are a bit soft forever.  He suggested giving him a teaspoon of pumpkin daily with his food to see if that helps.  He’s been finished with his antibiotics for a week now, and the pumpkin has helped a lot with his stools.  We’re keeping our fingers crossed that this will continue.  The vet said the only thing left to try is to put him on a special diet.  So, we’re hoping Finn will continue as he is now.

In the meantime, of course, he's gotten spoiled eating chicken breast and rice.  So now, that's all he wants.  He gets that mixed with kibble and pumpkin once a day.  After he's eaten that we fill his bowl with just kibble.  If he's hungry enough he'll just have to eat that.  Silly pooch.

I'm still working on projects to use up my leftover yarn.  Although with Christmas coming, I haven't had as much time as I've wanted to crochet.  Here are a few of my latest finished projects.

This is a large afghan.  Although I'm trying to use up my yarn, when I use this many colors, I still have a lot of leftovers to use up!


This picture doesn't do this scarf justice.  The colors are blue, lavender and a cream. I love this yarn!! It's so soft and easy to work with, it's called Sweet Roll.  This was not part of my leftover yarn.  I wanted to try and make something using a corner to corner pattern, and I also wanted to try this new self striping yarn.  I want to buy more!!!! But, I need to get rid of the old stuff first.

This is another corner to corner throw using the leftover yarn.  I wish it was bigger, so I am working on another afghan using the same pattern but increasing the size.  These colors are cornmeal, sage, cream and a variegated yarn (I can't recall the color name).


I still have a long way to go to use up my old yarn, but I am making headway!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Glad to see you are blogging again. No fair using me as an excuse LOL. Love your crocheting. I gave it a try, but just could not get the hang of it. I guess you know you will probably never use all of your left over yarn. Sorry to hear about Finn. Hope the new diet works. Keep on blogging. Marilyn