Monday, September 3, 2018

Hiking in August

Still spending lots of time hiking and taking pictures, but I just don't seem to get around to blogging.  I usually allow myself a certain amount of time on the computer, and before I know it, I've run out of time and have work to do!  So this post, will be about several different hikes plus a little more.

Of course, I'm always looking out for my turkey friends.  On this particular day I spotted 4 of them.  However, as soon as I stopped, 3 ran away.  When I looked in my rear view mirror, a car was behind me, so I only took 1 picture.  I like the way the sun shines on his wattle.

I thought this bit of fungi looked like either a beautiful cup or flower.

I also liked this collection on both sides of this stump.
During this damp and humid hike, I also spotted this little guy right beneath my feet!  Can you see him?
And, of course, I can't pass up pictures of any deer that I come across.




And, finally, our new couch finally arrived!  It looks pretty average, but it's exactly what I wanted.  I wanted something that looked like it belonged in a ranch or cabin.  I like the nailhead decoration on the ends.  Kind of reminds me of something you would see on a saddle.  The two ends recline, so now we can both have a comfy place to sit.  More seating during the holidays too!


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

You always find the most interesting subjects to photograph. I can't believe you found that little guy among the rocks, and, of course, you do great with the pictures of the deer. Keep up the good work. Love your new couch. Enjoy!