Saturday, February 10, 2018

Practice Shots with My New Camera

Herb got me a new camera for my birthday which was back in November.  It took some time for me to actually sit down and read the manual and try to figure out the new camera, but I finally got it done.  So,I thought I'd try some practice shots while counting birds this month.  I'm including a few of my favorites here.

This is not the best picture in the world, but this little bird is the hardest to spot and moves very quickly.  I was lucky to get this shot at all.  It is a Brown Creeper.


Here is another shot of the same bird.

This next one is, of course, a goldfinch.  When I first started counting birds 8 years ago, we had a lot of goldfinches visit our feeders,  Over the years, though we seemed to get less.  This year, the count has picked up again, so I was happy to take his picture.

I love the Red Bellied Woodpecker, and here is a male enjoying some thistle and waiting his turn at the suet cage.

Finally, two pictures of my favorite little bird, the Carolina Wren!





I love my new camera!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

You did good with your new camera. Sorry to say I couldn't find the bird in the first picture. I also liked the deer in your previous post. You take pictures of two of my favorite things. My other favorites are cats and dogs of course.