Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sky, Trees and Nature

I haven't posted lately mostly because I don't think anyone is reading my posts...so why bother?

Today I'm posting for my own enjoyment.  There are times I long to get out alone where there aren't many people.  Out where there's nothing but sky, trees and nature.  Fernald Preserve is the best place for alone time.

The trails aren't really difficult, but can be challenging for me at times.  They are long (for me), lots of gravel to walk on...which can do a number on my ankles, knees and hips.  The trails have areas that are tree covered, but a good portion of the trails are out in the sun.  After this last hike I did on the Fourth of July, I decided to save the longer trails for cool weather hiking or at last be sure and take water along.  I did fine, but was glad when I could sit somewhere and cool down.

Here are a few pictures taken with my phone.

The beginning long path towards the wooden area. There is a little bird perched atop some of the growth there.  The sun was so bright and I couldn't get close enough to see what kind of bird he was.  All I saw was his profile.  I couldn't make out any of his colors, but he was singing a pretty song and I didn't want to scare him off.


A pretty but a bit green pond.  I like the reflection of the sky and plants.

Another pond.  I love to stand and just look around at the wide open spaces.  Nothing in sight but the great outdoors. Hearing nothing but birds and bugs...and my huffing and puffing after a while.

A picture of me in my "happy place" under the trees...about half way on the trail.


My view from a bench at the end of my 3.3 mile hike on Hickory Trail.  I didn't sit here long because it was not in the shade.  I just wanted to get in my car and turn the a/c on! 
I'll come back and visit this post when I can't get out and hike, just to enjoy the beauty and solitude of Fernald Preserve.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Good Morning Ginger! For your information I read your blogs and enjoy them. Including all the pictures. I have missed reading your blogs, but I have kept looking for them. I don't worry about anyone reading my blogs. I just keep posting because I enjoy doing so. Don't stop posting. If it makes you feel good - go for it. That's what I do. Just remember, I am reading them. Marilyn