Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Equine Affaire Ohio - April 9, 2017 - Part 1

I absolutely love horses!! Never had any of my own, and probably never will.  A few years ago I finally signed up and took riding lessons for a couple of years.  It was so much fun finally being able to do one of the things I've always wanted to do.  I stopped taking lessons because I felt I had gotten as far as I ever would at my age.  Also, my left knee was bothering me a lot and made it almost impossible to mount a horse without too much pain.

Every year, for the past 10 years or so I always went to the horse show in either Indianapolis with my son's family or the last couple of years to the one in Columbus, Ohio.  I didn't go last year because walking had become too difficult.

After my knee replacement surgery last June, I was all set to go back to Columbus and walk all day!  This year, my husband Herb, our daughter, Emily and granddaughter Emmi, traveled to Columbus with me.  Our son, Eric and his family also traveled to Columbus.  It has become quite a family affair as well as an Equine Affaire!  Here are a few pictures from the day.

Love this little cutie standing in his stall ready to go out and perform.
 Here he is in the arena.  So cute.
This guy was all tuckered out and resting.
A few horses coming from their stalls heading to the arena.
One of the first clinics that we watched.
I'm sure this little guy wants someone to stop and get the "hair" out of his eyes!
I will post more pictures next time.  I won't bore you with all the pictures that were taken...but at least one more posting.
If you have time scroll down my page and check out some of my other entries you may have missed. Please and thank you!




No comments: