Saturday, January 7, 2017

Beautiful Colors and Markings

Included in this post are some of the birds I really just love to stare at!  Their beautiful markings and colors just fascinate me.  Since I'm not always around to see them I try to take a picture of them so I can look at them whenever I want.

The next pictures are of a female Yellow Shafted Northern Flicker.  Some pictures are a little fuzzy but I included them to show their markings from different angles.


You can tell this is a female because there is NO black slash mark (kind of like the Nike trademark) under it's eye. 
A little out of focus, but I like the squirrel in the background.
Again, a little fuzzy, but showing her back markings.
Now, a pretty Blue Jay.  This shot was interesting because there was some fog in the area, but after brightening the picture to show the color of the jay, I lost the fog.  I thought the color was more important.
A bit out of focus picture of a Red Bellied Woodpecker.


A Blue Jay about to take off with a peanut.

Finally, a really strange "bird" on the platform feeder.





No comments: